Thursday, 10 September 2015

introduction into the Unkown


This year our brief within media studies requires us to focus on the film genre of horror, we will be creating a horror trailer as well as a horror poster for the film. This specific topic will be a major challenge in regards to my emotional connection with the project as I am extremely terrified with this specific genre. From the age of approximately 11, I became fascinated with watching a series of different types of horrors, such as films like “the ring” and “chucky”, watching them gave me a sense of empowerment as I believed being able to watch horror films at such a young age (and to not get scared) mad me in a sense ‘tough’. However at around 15 years old I watched a specific Korean horror film named “shutter” and as of that day i became scared stiff of anything to do with Horror. This specific film was based on paranormal activities  however they weren't initially visible until the end of the film; enhancing my fear of anything ghostly or paranormal and unknown.


When thinking of the genre of horror, despite my dislike of the genre, I feel as if it plays well on what I consider to be my unique taste, by this I mean I am intrigued by the concept of people seeing the world in another perspective through visuals and editing techniques used to create an in-depth memorable experience.


I plan to play on my fear of horror, I am going to exploit my level of fear and create a piece which could possibly reflect my fear of horror from a victims perspective or incorporate what I can identify to be key elements of my fear and add those to my piece .


So lets get ready for all things UNKNOWN…


No comments:

Post a Comment